Have you ever wondered what sort of nocturnal animals live in SACF? Have you always wanted to go on a night hike SACF but can’t find the right group of people to join? Well you’re in luck! SACFS is organizing two guided night hikes on 1st & 29th April 2021.
Steven Wong, a reptile and amphibian enthusiast and nature guide will be leading the night walk, showing you various nocturnal animals such as spiders, frogs, lizards and snakes! Come and discover the biodiversity of SACF that is missed in the daytime.
Etiquette, what to bring, and what to expect?
- It is important to remain quiet to be sure to see as many animals as possible.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes but nothing needed for hardcore hiking.
- Bring sufficient water as well as a snack.
- Bring a raincoat or anything to protect you from the rain.
- Bring a headlamp or torchlight.
- Rain is something we cannot control but the walk will only be cancelled in case of heavy rain. We will continue if it is only a slight drizzle.
- The walk is set to start at 8.30pm but we can wait up to 30 min in case of rain to wait for it to stop.
- Adults must be fully vaccinated. Participants MUST show their MySejahtera Profile Status to be Low Risk, No Symptom (Blue) and not any other status to be allowed on the walk.
- Suitable for ages 13 years and above.
- Mask is required.