Let’s explore the forest at night with Priscillia Miard, a researcher studying nocturnal mammals in Malaysia. Talk a walk to discover the nocturnal world and try your luck at spotting the Slow Loris, Colugo, Civet and Flying Squirrels right here in SACF.
The walk will be on an easy track and at a really slow pace. In term of animals sightings, we will focus on looking for mammals and as with nature we cannot expect any particular animals to be seen. We will however try our best to find them.
How to Register?
- Date and Time: March 19th, 8pm – 10pm
- Venue: SACF, Trailhead A
- Fee: RM30 per pax
- Register here limited to 10 pax
Etiquette, what to bring, and what to expect?
- It is important to remain quiet to be sure to see as many animals as possible.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes but nothing needed for hardcore hiking.
- Bring sufficient water as well as a snack.
- Bring a raincoat or anything to protect you from the rain.
- Bring a headlamp or torchlight. We will also bring special torchlight for you to use so if you do not have one it is fine.
- Rain is something we cannot control but the walk will only be cancelled in case of heavy rain. We will continue if it is only a slight drizzle.
- The walk is set to start at 8pm but we can wait up to 30 min in case of rain to wait for it to stop.
- Participants MUST show their MySejahtera Profile Status to be Low Risk, No Symptom (Blue) and not any other status to be allowed on the walk.